Saturday, July 6, 2024

Honey Bee Stamps Beach Scene Card

Greetings from paradise! Wouldn't you love to just transport yourself right into this beach scene and take a nap in the hammock? I can hear the waves crashing onto the shore and smell the salty ocean breeze.  Create your own little beach paradise with the new Lovely Layers Hammock die set from Honey Bee Stamps.


It all starts with a sandy beach and ocean background. For this card I used Catherine Pooler inks for all ink blending, shading, and stamping.  I masked off the top 1/3 of my card front. I blended two shades of brown ink (Sand Castle & Over Coffee) for the sand area and a medium blue color (Cove Blue) for the ocean area. When blending the brown and blue into each other, I applied the inks very lightly almost fading into white.  This gives the illusion of a shoreline where the waves roll onto the sand and get all foamy. I then removed the tape mask and blended a light blue (Oh Boy) on for the sky area. You can add splatter to sand for a more realistic look which is what I did here.


Once the background was complete, I created a simple scene with the Lovely Layers Hammock die set. This set includes all the dies needed for the palm tress and hammock.  To make the detail impressions stand out better on the palm trees, I lightly tapped an ink pad over the dies before die cutting. For the trunks I used Kraft card stock and the Over Coffee ink. For the palm leaves I used a light green card stock and Sage ink. I then added shading to the palms with Lime Rickey ink. For the hammock and pillows, I die cut from white card stock and used Pucker Up, Tiara, & Orange Peel to color. The stamped and die cut sentiment comes from the Rest & Relaxation set

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Studio Fall Card with Wood Barrel & Harvest Mice

Hello everyone! Have you made a trip to your local pumpkin patch yet? It's that time of year for pumpkin everything! When I saw the new ...