Monday, June 3, 2024

Sunny Studio Fresh Lemons Card

Hello crafty friends! I have a zesty card to share which showcases how I've used the Fresh Lemon dies

I started this design by covering an A2 size card base with a panel of patterned paper from the Gingham Pastels paper pad. Next I added a decorative white mat I die cut with the Frilly Frames Lattice die. Then I layered on an inked and splattered panel trimmed down to 3.25 x 4.5 inches.


For the main focal point of this card design, I created a little gathering of some whole lemons and slices. I used dies from Fresh Lemons to cut out all the pieces from white card stock. I used blending brushes and a few different Catherine Pooler inks to color: Sage, Matcha, Lemongrass, and Catching Rays for the lemons and foliage. For the little blossoms I used Sparkling Berry to add just a touch of pink to the petal edges. 


To complete this design, I added a custom greeting that is part stamped and part die cut. For the stamped part, I used words from Punny Fruit Greetings. For the letters that spell the word "zest", I used dies from the Chloe Alphabet set. I inked up the letters with the color Catching Rays, applying darker at the bottom and lighter towards the top for an ombre effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Altenew Virginia Rose Slimline Card

Hello crafty friends! I recently got to play with some beautiful stamp and die sets from Altenew that they so generously sent me. I received...