Sunday, September 10, 2023

Spellbinders Gnome Hugs Card

Hello! It's that time of year when I'm working on both Fall and Christmas themed cards.  You'll see a mix of these from me in the next few weeks.  I'll also have some Halloween projects thrown in too! Today I have a Christmas card to share made with lots of Spellbinders dies. This one features a sweet gnome and a Distress Mica Stain background. I'll share all supplies used to create this card so keep reading! 

This card began with creating the background.  I used two different blue Distress Mica Stains - Winter Frost & Wonderland. I started with a 6.25" x 4.5 inch white card stock panel. I placed some die cut snowflakes down before spraying.  I didn't fully saturate the panel with the sprays.  I sprayed lightly because I wanted a speckled look. After the stained panel was dry, I pulled up the snowflakes to reveal the pattern left behind.  


All the die cut elements and foiled sentiment were made with products from Spellbinders. I die cut the gnome pieces from solid color card stock then used Copic markers to add shading and dot details. The gnome is from a set called Gnome Hugs. This set includes the snowflakes.   The holly and candy cane are from a set released last year called Parcel & Post Christmas Decorations.  These were just the right size accessories for the gnome.   The foiled sentiment is from the Christmas Mailbox Greetings Hot Foil set


I hand cut a snow drift to ground the gnome.  I added some Stickles glitter glue to the top edge to get that glistening snow effect.  I die cut some snowflakes from silver glitter card stock to add into the scene.  Once I had my scene panel fully assembled I adhered it to an A6 card base.  A6 is not a commonly used size but I love it when I need a little more room than an A2 allows for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waffle Flower Crafts October Release

It's release day for Waffle Flower's latest release, Pumpkin Patch . I have many cards to share but first I wanted to let you know a...