Saturday, September 2, 2023

Honey Bee Stamps Autumn Bouquet Card

Hello! I'm back with more card inspiration showcasing new products from Honey Bee Stamp's Heartfelt Harvest Release. I wanted to create something with really rich, warm fall colors for a dramatic look.  I'll share the colors I used to achieve this pretty fall color palette and how I used Distress Oxide Ink and an embossing folder to get a textured leaf print. 


This card started with the leaf print you see as the background.  This is very easy to create.  I applied Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide Ink directly to the inside of the Fall Leaves 3D Embossing Folder.  You can tap or swipe the ink pad right onto the folder.  Add a card stock panel into the folder carefully so you don't smear the ink. When you run the folder through a die cutting machine, the ink will get impressed into the card stock.  The card stock I used for this card is a very saturated mustard yellow. I love the contrast between the two colors.  


Next I created a nice full bouquet to be the focal point of this card.  I used a few of the dies from the new Lovely Layers Autumn Bouquet set.  I die cut these from white card stock and then used small blending brushes and Distress Oxide ink to color.  (Seedless Preserves, Fossilized Amber, Pealed Paint, & Forest Moss)

I arranged the bouquet on a strip of patterned paper from the Pinstripes & Polka Dots paper pad.  I used a greeting from the Heartfelt Hello stamp set. To finish off the design, I added a twine bow and a few gold pearls from the Harvest Pearl sticker pack

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Love what you did with the embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love your use of color!

    ReplyDelete

Waffle Flower Crafts October Release

It's release day for Waffle Flower's latest release, Pumpkin Patch . I have many cards to share but first I wanted to let you know a...