Saturday, September 16, 2023

Honey Bee Stamps Fall Treats Cards

Hello! Today I'm sharing a Halloween card made with a fun mix of Honey Bee Stamps products. I just could't let the Halloween crafting season go by with out my favorite little ghostie making appearance.  He's included in The Name's Jack Honey Cuts die set.  I always pull this set out at least once or twice every year for Halloween cards.  On today's card I've paired him with some jars full of sweet treats. 


This card is A6 size (6.25" x 4.5"). I needed a bigger card base than A2 to get everything to fit.  I started with a simple polka dot patterned background from the Pinstripes & Polka Dots Harvest paper pad.  

Next I created two jars of different heights to fill with treats. I used the Mason Jar Vase to make both. To get a shorter version, I did some partial die cutting magic. 

I cut out the jars from white card stock and ink blended on the color.  I cut the lid out of solid black since this was going to be for a Halloween card. I tied some twine around the neck of both jars. Next was the fun part.... filling the jars.  I used the new Lovely Layers Fall Treats Honey Cuts set to create lots of candy pieces. 

I die cut all the candy from white card stock and used Copic markers to color each piece. I adhered the candy to the jars and then added some Stickles glitter glue for sparkly highlights.  

I used thick foam tape to adhere the ghost so he appears to be hovering above the jars with his lollipop. The swirl candy piece is included in the Fall Treats set.  For the lollipop stick, I just hand cut that and used a black marker to draw on the stripes. 

Lastly I added some sentiment strips. These were stamped with the Mini Messages Sweets sentiments set. The word "Halloween" is from the FaBOOlous sentiment set



No comments:

Post a Comment

Waffle Flower Crafts October Release

It's release day for Waffle Flower's latest release, Pumpkin Patch . I have many cards to share but first I wanted to let you know a...