Friday, September 22, 2023

Papertrey Ink September Release Countdown

It's countdown day 1 to Papertrey Ink's September release! You'll notice right away that we are jumping right into Christmas.  There's something for everyone in this release! If you like cute and whimsical or tend to be drawn to the more elegant and sophisticated side, we've got you covered.  

For this first card, I have used the new Christmas Bouquet layering stamp set and Christmas Bouquet Elegant Edges die. (links will be added once the release is available for purchase)


I die cut the Elegant Edges Christmas Bouquet out of some Classic Kraft Card Stock.  I blended white pigment ink around all the edges and sprayed the entire panel with Shimmer SprayI adhered this to a white A2 card base. 

I stamped out several images from the Christmas Bouquet stamp set using both Distress Oxide and Papertrey Ink colors: DO Evergreen Bough, DO Rustic Wilderness, PTI Scarlet Jewel, PTI Lovely Lady, and PTI Cocoa Bean.

The large sentiment I used is from another new stamp set this month called With Great Joy.  You'll see lots more of this one throughout the countdown. 


My next two cards feature how I've used the Holiday Car die set in very different ways.  For the first, I went lighthearted and whimsical with it.  My pink car sits front and center framed with some pretty poinsettias from the Christmas Bouquet set.


The Holiday Car set includes all the pieces to create the cute car along with the tree and light string.  Other PTI supplies used are the Stitched Florals cover plate with Classic Kraft card stock; Psalm Reflections frame die; and Winter Globe Sentiments


For this next card I wanted to create a snowy winter night scene for the car.  To color a night sky, I used Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks. I have splattered the entire scene with thinned white painted for a very snowy look. I have also added dark windows to the car like they would appear at night.  


To create the hills, house, tiny trees, and snowflakes, I used Bring Home the Holidays die set which was released last year. I used Copic Markers to color the house roof and doors. I backed the house with yellow card stock so windows would glow in the night. The sentiment I used is from Inside Greetings: Peace Mini stamp set


If you haven't already, be sure to check the Papertrey Ink blog for lots more card samples from the design team using these new Christmas sets.  Here's the link:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Waffle Flower Crafts October Release

It's release day for Waffle Flower's latest release, Pumpkin Patch . I have many cards to share but first I wanted to let you know a...