Friday, May 19, 2023

Papertrey Ink May Release Countdown

It's that time already! The May release countdown has begun over on the Papertrey Ink Blog. The release will be available on May 23rd at 10pm ET in the PTI shop.  

This month's release includes a mix of sweet baby themed things and a new Into the Blooms set. 

Click here to visit the PTI Blog


The first two cards I'm sharing feature the new Sweet Baby Bibs dies.  This set gives you many different options to create little paper bibs and embellishments for baby cards and tags. 


The uniquely shaped panel in the background was created with the new Cornered Fresh Cuts dies.  There's a few different corner options in the set.   I used the scalloped corner dies to create a fun panel to layer behind the bibs on these two cards.  As you can see I made one with more girly colors and one with boy colors.  However these bibs would look so cute in any colors you choose.  For the greeting, I've used a stamp from the Just Sentiments Welcome mini set. This stamp set has many sweet greetings perfect for baby cards. 


This next card showcases the new Psalm Reflections for May and Into the Blooms: Geraniums

My absolute favorite color of Geraniums are bright fuchsia. I plant some every year in the flower pots on my back patio.  So naturally I had to make my Geraniums that color for this card.


I die cut the petals and leaves from water color card stock and then added the color. I really wasn't too particular how I applied the water color.  It's rather messy and with lots of splatter detail.  The watercolor paint set I used for this card is a recent addition to my coloring arsenal.  I ordered them from Amazon on a whim and couldn't be happier with the quality and assortment of colors. Here's the link if you want to check them out..  PENTRISTA Watercolor Paint set



The leaf images adorning the top of the card are from a new stamp set called Corner Decor.  There's many different corner images in the set and they all have coordinating dies.  

3 comments:

  1. Seriously Cute baby cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling bibs! I can't wait to try them! Dorothy Ayotte

    ReplyDelete

Spellbinders Angel Trumpets Card

Hello everyone! Spellbinders has just released some new sets to expand their very popular Fresh Picked Collection .  I had the pleasure of w...