Saturday, April 29, 2023

Honey Bee Stamps Sweet Bees and Daisy Bouquet Card

Hello there! Is there any better combination than sweet little bees and pretty florals on a card? I think not but I'm a bit biased, lol.  I recently purchased the The Sweet Honey Bee stamp set  from Honey Bee Stamps and it's just the cutest set! I could not wait to use the adorable bee images on card!

The Sweet Honey Bee set does include some florals but I wanted to use them with the big bouquet image from the Daisy Layers Bouquet stamp set.  


Below is a list of all the Honey Bee Stamps supplies I used to create this card:



The Daisy Layers Bouquet set has a coordinating stencil set to color in the flowers and foliage.  That is what I used to color in my bouquet. I used a soft touch with the stenciling.  I didn't want the colors to be too bold or dark on the bouquet and over power the bees.  

I used Copic markers to color the bees in the following colors:
  • yellow on bee - Y32, Y35, Y38, YR23
  • warm grey on bee - W4, W6
  • rosy cheeks - R20
  • bee wing shading - B000, W1
To add shading to the stipple hexagon background, I used a combo of two Distress Oxide Inks. I blended on some Wild Honey in the two opposite corners.  Then added Vintage Photo very lightly to make an amber color.  I also added splattering with watered down dark brown ink.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Studio Tropical Birthday Card

Hello everyone! I have a fun birthday card to share today. My card features a cute little parrot from the new Tropical Birds stamp set. I cr...