Saturday, April 15, 2023

Honey Bee Stamps - Spring Lovely Layers Card

Happy Saturday friends! I'm back with another spring card showcasing lots of Honey Bee Stamps goodness.  I pulled out some of my favorite Lovely Layer Honey Cuts for this one.  All Honey Bee Stamps products used are listed below.

  • Lovely Layers Spring Greenery - foliage and lavender die cuts
  • Lovely Layers Nest - nest, eggs, & feathers die cuts
  • Lovely Layers Wild Flowers - blue flowers die cuts
  • Delicate Daisy A2 Cover Plate (top) - background overlay
  • Daisy Layers Bouquet stamp set  - the stamped Hello word


I started by ink blending a few different colors of Altenew ink onto the card front. I then splattered the entire background with some of the watered down green ink.  I die cut the delicate daisy cover plate out of plain white card stock then adhered over top my blended background. I die cut all the greenery and flowers from white card stock. Using various colors of Altenew ink and blending brushes, I colored each piece. The Altenew colors I used are pictured in the photo below.  



The nest was die cut from kraft card stock and shaded with dark brown ink. I also used watered down brown and white ink to splatter the nest pieces. Once I had everything colored and assembled, I began arranging all the elements.  I wanted this cluster of flowers and foliage to have the feel and look as if they are growing wild in a meadow.  



After I had the foliage, flowers, and nest secured in place, I decided on what and where to put a greeting.  I struggled with this a bit. I had originally choose a longer sentiment, but felt it was too distracting and took away from the pretty scene. Since there's a lot to focus on, I decided to keep the greeting short and sweet with a simple "hello". 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrappy Tails Stacked Books & Flowers Card

Hi everyone! I’m excited to be guest designing for Scrappy Tails Crafts this month. Their newest release includes lots of fun products to c...