Friday, May 26, 2023

Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Water Lily Cards

Hello! If you've come over from the Adventure Awaits Instagram Hop, I sure appreciate you stopping by! The two cards I'm sharing may not look simple but trust me when I say, they are very easy to make and not as time consuming as one might think.  I have used a few new items from Honey Bee Stamps Adventure Awaits Release to create these.  One item in particular really elevated this card design while saving me a lot of time in the creative process. 


Below is a linked list of all the Honey Bee Stamps products I used:

The water colored foliage arranged in an oval is actually patterned paper from the Adventure Awaits 6x8 Paper Pad.  There's two of these oval foliage images on a sheet. I simply fussy cut around the foliage and then used it behind the water lilies. This saved me so much time versus water coloring my own foliage background and the bonus is, it looks authentic!


The water lily petals and pad were die cut from white card stock.  I used some distress oxides and blending brushes to color the petals. The yellow is Wild Honey and the pink is Saltwater Taffy. The lily pad leaf was watercolored.  I'm certainly not a water color expert. I just wing it when I'm watercoloring but I will say that the vein impressions the die leaves behind are helpful as guide for shading in those lines. 



The Spring Vine Frame was die cut from two different blue shades included in the Pinstripes & Polkadots paper pad.  I find these basic patterned paper pads indispensable in card making.  

One final thing to note about this card design, it is very versatile and could be used for many different occasions. I picked sentiments from the Be Still set to use.  This new stamp set has many to choose from with coordinating dies like all of Honey Bee's sentiment sets.  I love die cutting and popping up the sentiments to layer over other elements. I'm a layers girl.... the more the merrier :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Studio Big Panda Card

Hi everyone! Sunny Studio has just launched their summer release. Today I'm showcasing one of the new stamp sets...  Big Panda .  I Cop...