Saturday, February 17, 2024

Honey Bee Stamps Blooming View Wedding Card

Hello and happy Saturday! Today I'm sharing a wedding card created with a mix of products from Honey Bee Stamps Vintage Love Release. I was going for a shabby chic look and creating just the right background was key for achieving that. Keep reading for all the details...


All Honey Bee Stamps products used are listed below:
To create the background I did a little ink smooshing with Distress Oxides (Dried Marigold, Spun Sugar, Peeled Paint) onto some Distress Watercolor Cardstock. I then stamped the Vintage Flora background right onto this panel.  I inked up the stamp with Peeled Paint and Bundled Sage Distress Oxides. I wasn't worried about getting a perfect image when stamping. I also splattered the panel with thinned white paint. I then adhered the die cut window frame from Blooming View with foam strips.


Next I built up my focal point with a mix of stamped and embossed images. I love the rose bouquets from Blooming View but I'm not great with coloring such detailed floral images.  So I simply heat embossed those images in gold onto vellum. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out and adhered to the window frame. I then layered on some smaller stamped images from the Postmarked set along with the wedding sentiment which is included in the Blooming View set. I adhered my completed panel to a large postage stamp frame. This frame is from the Lovely Layouts Posted die set.  This postage stamp frame layers perfectly onto an A2 size card base.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Studio Tropical Birthday Card

Hello everyone! I have a fun birthday card to share today. My card features a cute little parrot from the new Tropical Birds stamp set. I cr...