Monday, April 29, 2024

Sunny Studio Tropical Birthday Card

Hello everyone! I have a fun birthday card to share today. My card features a cute little parrot from the new Tropical Birds stamp set. I created a cluster of tropical leaves where he is happily perched. 


I started this card by creating an inked background with a combo of Kitsch Flamingo and Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide inks. I find this pairing creates a nice warm pink.  I added lots of splatters before stamping the birthday greeting. These sentiments are included in the Tropical Birds stamp set.



I Copic colored the parrot, little flowers, and vines and cut out with the 
coordinating Tropical Birds dies. Next, I created a bunch of tropical leaves in different shades of green. I used the Summer Greenery dies to cut out the leaves from white card stock. To color I used blending brushes and these Catherine Pooler inks: Mardi Gras, Spruce, Garden Party, & Eucalyptus. 


I adhered the leaves, florals, and parrot to the center of my inked panel. The bottom layer of leaves are glued flat to the panel The vines and the parrot are adhered with foam squares so they would popped up a bit. 


Copic colors used: W1, W3, W4, E42, E43, R00, R20, R22, R30, R32, G07, YG00, YG21, YG23, YG25, Y11, Y15, Y17



2 comments:

Scrappy Tails Stacked Books & Flowers Card

Hi everyone! I’m excited to be guest designing for Scrappy Tails Crafts this month. Their newest release includes lots of fun products to c...