Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Scrappy Tails Stacked Books & Flowers Card

Hi everyone! I’m excited to be guest designing for Scrappy Tails Crafts this month. Their newest release includes lots of fun products to create projects with the book lover in mind. Today I’m sharing a birthday card which features a stack of books and pretty floral accents. 


I started with an A2 sized card base and then added a speckled green mat for the background. I used Wicked Elixir Distress Mica Stain to get that fun speckled look. Just a couple quick pumps do the trick. 

I used the Stacked Books with Flowers die set to create a colorful stack of books. I die cut all the pieces from white card stock and then used Copic markers to color each piece before assembling. Below is list of the colors I used:
  • pink - RV91, RV81, RV83, RV85, RV89
  • peach - R00, R20, R21
  • yellow - Y32, Y35
  • green - G20, G43, G46
  • aqua blue - BG10, BG11, BG13
  • shading - W1, W3


Next I die cut the Spring Floral Stem twice from white card stock.  I cut them apart so I'd have a shorter sprigs to tuck behind the book stack. 

Lastly I added a greeting from the Life is a Story stamp set. I stamped it in green and then did a little coloring around the frame area, so the look would be cohesive with the stack of books.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Altenew Virginia Rose Slimline Card

Hello crafty friends! I recently got to play with some beautiful stamp and die sets from Altenew that they so generously sent me. I received...