Saturday, May 11, 2024

Honey Bee Stamps It's A Party Birthday Cards

Happy weekend crafty friends! We can never have too many birthday cards on hand and I have an easy to make design to share today which can be replicated in different color combos to suit the recipient. This design features a very festive stenciled background and bold brithday greeting created with products from Honey Bee Stamps


Honey Bee Stamps supplies listed below:
The showstopper of this design is without a doubt the stenciled background. It's very detailed and does take some time to stencil all the layers but so worth it! I also added lots of splatter to my stenciled panels with metallic watercolor paint for a bit of sparkle. 


I used the following Catherine Pooler Ink colors for the stenciling:
  • Garden Party 
  • Tiara 
  • Chiffon
  • Orange Peel 
  • Cummerbund 
  • Party Dress 
  • Do-Si-Do 

I trimmed the stenciled panels down to be a bit smaller than A2 size and matted them. This mat with the tiny de-bossed stars was created with largest die in the Lovely Layouts Party Frames. Next I added the Big Birthday greeting.  This die set includes the letters and shadow.  The letters were die cut twice from plain white card stock and once from white glitter card stock. I adhered all three layers together to give the letters extra thickness and stand out even more from the shadow piece. To finish off this card design, I added some sparkling clear sequins scattered around the background.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Altenew Virginia Rose Slimline Card

Hello crafty friends! I recently got to play with some beautiful stamp and die sets from Altenew that they so generously sent me. I received...