Monday, May 20, 2024

Sunny Studio Beach Scene Birthday Card

Hi there! I'm sharing all the details how this tropical birthday card came together. I've used the Tropical Trees Backdrop dies to create an idyllic beach scene for my little mermaid. 

I started this card with an ink blended background. I used the following Distress Oxide inks to create the dreamy sunset sky and ocean: Kitsch Flamingo, Saltwater Taffy, Fossilized Amber, Salvaged Patina, and Peacock Feathers. 


Next I die cut the frame, palm trees, beach area, and clouds from white card stock. I then used blending brushes and Distress Oxide inks to color: Vintage Photo for tree trunks, Mowed Lawn for palm leaves, and Antique Linen + Tea Dye for Sand.  Note I did double up on the palms for the tree tops to make them look fuller. 

I Copic colored a mermaid and some shells from the Mermaid Kisses stamp set. I then used the coordinating dies to cut them out. 


I adhered everything in place onto the A2 sized inked background panel. The white frame and mermaid are popped up with foam tape. I also used foam tape to adhere the layers of palms together. This gives a little separation between the two layers and adds to the fullness.  Lastly I stamped the greeting which is included in the Mermaid Kisses set

Copic colors used - mermaid tail: RV02, RV06, RV09, skin color: E00, E11, E13, hair color: E42, E74, E81, shells + starfish: YR01, YR30, R20, R21


No comments:

Post a Comment

Honey Bee Stamps Beach Vacation Card

Hello everyone and happy Summer! Just a short post today... I have another card to share created with some of the fabulous products from Hon...