Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Scrappy Tails Crafts Daisy Thank You Card


Hello crafty friends! I'm back with another project share featuring Scrappy Tails Crafts. The last day of school quickly approaching so it's time to start thinking of teacher thank you cards and gifts. Gift cards are always my go to choice to give teachers at the end of the year but I wanted to make a pretty card plus matching bookmark to go with it. 

I've made this A6 sized card (4.5" x 6.25") and bookmark using some die sets from Scrappy Tail Crafts.  The Stitched Daisy Blooms and Main Base Book Corner die sets are what you'll need to recreate these samples.  With the Stitched Daisy Blooms die set, you can create three different sized daisy flowers. I have used all three sizes on my card. 


I die cut my daisies and leaves using the Stitched Daisy Blooms dies from white card stock.  I then used blending brushes and the following Catherine Pooler inks to color each layer before assembling: Do-Si-Do for the pink flower petals, Drive In for the blue flower petals, Tiara for the flower centers, Garden Party & Grass Skirt for the leaves. These daisies are so quick and easy to assemble. I decided to double up on the petal layers. I applied the ink heavier on the back layer so there would be some contrast between the two layers.  The "thanks" word die is also included in this set. 

To create the bookmark I used the Main Base Book Corner dies. With this set you can make a base corner bookmark which can then be decorated however you'd like. I simply adhered one of the medium sized daisies onto the bookmark. The recipient can then use the bookmark for a notebook or planner or of course for a reading book too. 


I have one pro tip to leave you with: when adhering the flower layers together, use thin foam adhesive. I suggest a 1mm thick foam adhesive. This gives a little separation between the layers. It makes the flowers appear fuller and more dimensional without adding too much bulk.  I do this when assembling all layered die cut flowers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Studio Father's Day Card

Hello friends! If you saw my blog post last week, then you'll recall that I shared a card featuring the Fresh Lemon Dies  with a very fe...