Saturday, May 25, 2024

Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Hummingbird Card

Hi! I'm back with another card share featuring Honey Bee Stamps.  To recreate this card you'll need the Lovely Layers Hummingbird, Lovely Layers Spring Greenery, and Sandie's Garden Embossing Folder. This design can be more springy or summery depending on the color palette. With the light pink background, I'd say my card trends towards the spring side.  

To an A2 sized base, I added a mat of light green patterned paper then the embossed background mat. I die cut all the Lovely Layers pieces for the Hummingbird and Spring Greenery from white card stock.  I used small blending brushes and the following Catherine Pooler Inks to color: greens - Lime Rickey + Grass Skirt, teal - Aquatini, pink - Party Dress, brown - Icing On The Cake. 


A few things to point out that I did to elevate this card design: 

Once I had the hummingbird fully assembled, I used brown ink and a small sponge dauber to darken the edges. This helps to give the hummingbird definition and more contrast from the background. 

I used some iridescent watercolor to spatter the embossed background, flowers, and foliage. It's difficult to capture in the photos, but the splatters really add a shimmery sparkle to the card.  I also used the same watercolor to add a little shimmer to hummingbird's wing and belly area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Honey Bee Stamps Beach Vacation Card

Hello everyone and happy Summer! Just a short post today... I have another card to share created with some of the fabulous products from Hon...