Sunday, August 4, 2024

Waffle Flower Crafts August Release - New Stitching and Stencil Products

Hello there! Today I'm sharing a couple of cards I've made with products included in Waffle Flower Crafts August Release.  New products will be available for purchase on August 5th. 

The Winter Floral Stencil and Winter Floral Stitching Die are designed to work together however if stitching on cards is not your thing, you can absolutely use the stencil alone. I'll show examples of both ways below.

This first card shows how I have used them together along with the Holiday Cheer Combo (sentiment stamp set + companion dies).



First I used the Winter Floral Stitching die to cut out all the holes needed to add the stitches. I trimmed this panel to be slightly smaller than A2 size.  Next I used the Winter Floral Stencil to fill in the floral design. There are 3 layers to this stencil set.

Below is a list of Catherine Pooler ink colors used for the stenciling on both cards I'm sharing today:

  • Lime Rickey
  • Sage
  • Cotton Candy
  • Party Dress + Do-Si-Do (this combo creates a warm fuchsia color)
For the stitching I used a gold floss on the flower petals and green on the leaves. 
Waffle Flower sells a pack of floss that includes so many pretty colors.  The floss I used for this card comes from that pack.  
Check it out here---> SC Embroidery Floss 48 color pack


This next card shows you an example of using the stencil without the stitching die.  The stenciled design alone is very impactful and works well to create an oversized postage stamp. 


To create the postage stamp look, I used the Oversized Postage Stamp Set and Oversized Postage Matching Die. I then added a few sentiments that are stamped and die cut with the Holiday Cheer Combo.  


For the mint green background mat on the this card, I used the Sweet Plaid Texture die to give it the plaid pattern.  This step is not necessary but adds just that little bit of detail for interest. I've used this die a bunch and it's a good basic to have whenever you want to add a little something extra to a background.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Studio Fall Card with Wood Barrel & Harvest Mice

Hello everyone! Have you made a trip to your local pumpkin patch yet? It's that time of year for pumpkin everything! When I saw the new ...