Saturday, August 3, 2024

Honey Bee Stamps Bold Backgrounds: Vintage Roses with a Fall Vibe

Hello everyone and happy Saturday! Today I'm sharing a card created with the beautiful Bold Backgrounds: Vintage Roses die set from Honey Bee Stamps. This set was part of the Vintage Love Release back in January of this year.  I wanted to give it a Fall glow up which was easy enough to do by using some classic autumnal colors. 


The Vintage Roses set is a layering die set and I knew using shades of rusty orange for the all the flower petal layers would really give them that fall feel.  

I die cut all the pieces from white card stock.  I then used small blending brushes and the following Catherine Pooler inks to color each piece before assembling: 

  • Mandarin Spice for the roses (apply heavier/more saturated for the back petals then lighter for front layers)
  • Icing on the Cake for the flower centers
  • Eucalyptus + a little bit of Sand Castle(to darken some areas) for the foliage and vines

This card design is very easy to complete since the fully assembled Bold Background: Vintage Roses covers an A2 size card base.  I simply adhered mine to a cream colored mat that I trimmed down to be slightly smaller than the orange A2 size card front.  
I added a sentiment which is from the Heartfelt Hello stamp set and some copper colored gem stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Studio Fall Card with Wood Barrel & Harvest Mice

Hello everyone! Have you made a trip to your local pumpkin patch yet? It's that time of year for pumpkin everything! When I saw the new ...