Friday, July 26, 2024

Pixi Dust Designs Christmas in July Gift Card Holders

I have more Christmas in July projects to share today. If you plan on giving gift cards or money this upcoming holiday season, create a cute way to present them to family and friends with the new Stocking Gift Card Holder dies from Pixi Dust Designs. Click here to go to the Pixi Dust Designs shop. 

I picked out some pretty Christmas patterned paper and made a few of these fun stockings which can be stand alone holders or added to a card base.  

I have posted a reel on Instagram showing how the stockings work with the gift card holder that slides right into the pocket on the back.  

--->click here to view the reel<---



The little Rudolf and Gingerbread character heads were made using the X-mas Pals dies. You can also make a Santa and penguin head from this set as well.  

I added one of the stockings to a card base.  The card base I used measures 3.5" wide by 7" tall so it's a bit longer than a mini slimline card.  You could also use an A7 (5"x7") card base.  If you watch the video reel, you'll see the surprise I put on the inside of the card. 


If you want to make these stockings stand alone, I suggest die cutting two of the stocking base and gluing them together to make it more sturdy.  I had to do this anyway because the patterned paper I used was double sided and I wanted the front and back of my stocking to match.  In the Instagram reel, I give you a good look at the back so you can also see where I've adhered the pocket.  


The patterned paper I used is from DCWV Merry Merry 12x12 paper pad. 
I used Kraft card stock for the brown parts on the reindeer and gingerbread. For some of the tiny pieces like eyes and noses, I die cut from white card stock and then used Copic markers to color. 

While I had my Christmas papers out, I also made some custom envelopes with my WE R Makers Envelope Punch Board. (You can see a peek at them in background in the above photos and in the reel.)  I make a lot of custom size cards outside the standard sizes like A2 or A7. So I'm always needing special sizes and I love it when the envelopes perfectly coordinate with the cards.


2 comments:

  1. These little critters are so adorable that I just had to have the set for myself! I had never heard of Pixi Dust before so I used your link to get to the site to shop. I found so many cool things there, and bought several. Thanks for the inspiration and the introduction to a fun new company! I will continue to shop there via your blog 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Danita! I appreciate it! Pixi Dust Designs has so many fun die sets. Enjoy your new purchases from them! :)

      Delete

Sunny Studio Fall Card with Wood Barrel & Harvest Mice

Hello everyone! Have you made a trip to your local pumpkin patch yet? It's that time of year for pumpkin everything! When I saw the new ...