Monday, July 22, 2024

Sunny Studio Jar Mug Shaker Card

Hello everyone! I'm sharing a friendship card featuring the Summer Jar Mug from Sunny Studio. I have made the jar mug into a shaker and I've colored plus filled it to look like a refreshing cup full of pink lemonade. 


Here's a list of the Sunny Studio products you'll need to create this A2 card design: 

Summer Jar Mug dies - for the mug, straw, and tiny lemon slice die cuts 
Scalloped Oval Mat 3 dies - for the scalloped oval mat
Punny Fruit Greetings -  for the stamped words "friends make life" 
Sweet Word die -  for the die cut word "sweet"
Strawberry Patch dies - for the tiny flower die cuts
Classic Gingham Paper - for the gingham background mat


To make this jar mug into a fun shaker, I have adhered several layers of the jar mug frame together. I die cut one solid mug shape for the back and 5 layers of the open mug frame to make it thick enough to allow for the shaker bits to move around freely.  I filled the shaker well with tiny pink balls and iridescent confetti bits. I then adhered clear acetate and one final mug frame piece over top.  The back solid piece and top frame piece were lightly colored with pink ink prior to assembly to enhance the pink lemonade look. 

When adhering the jar mug frame layers together to build up the shaker well, be sure to include the straw in between two layers toward the back. I forgot to do this and after I had my shaker completely assembled, I had to cut a small slit in the back to slide the straw inside the mug. 

2 comments:

  1. I’m just crazy about this card! It’s SO pretty!! Thanks so much for inspiring me to give it a go as I have everything I need to try to recreate it, though I know mine will never be as beautiful as yours. Practice makes perfect though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Danita for stopping by my blog and your kind comment! The jar mug makes such a fun shaker. I made one into a magnet for my dry erase calendar board in my craft room.

      Delete

Sunny Studio Fall Card with Wood Barrel & Harvest Mice

Hello everyone! Have you made a trip to your local pumpkin patch yet? It's that time of year for pumpkin everything! When I saw the new ...