Friday, August 23, 2024

Sunny Studio 9th Birthday Blog Hop


Today we are celebrating Sunny Studio's 9th birthday with a blog hop showcasing products from the 2024 Fall & Holiday Release.  

Before I get to all the details about the card I made, I wanted to share how you can win a $25 gift certificate to the Sunny Studio shop. Please leave a comment and I will randomly pick a winner from those comments. You have until the end of the day on August 26th to do so and winner's will be announced on the Sunny Studio blog Friday August 30th. 

Below is the hop line up:

Leanne West <--- you are here

The card I've made for the hop features some of the adorable images 


I simply could't resist including as many of these cute dressed up pups as I could fit onto this A2 sized Halloween card. I started by creating a moody halloween night backdrop complete with full moon. I used a small circle die to create a moon mask before I inked blended on a combo of Catherine Pooler Royal Treatment & Black Jack inks for the sky area. For the grass area I used a combo of CP Lime Rickey & Black Jack. Before removing the circle mask, I generously splattered the entire background with some iridescent white watercolor. 


I've Copic colored all the fun images used for this scene which are included in the Happy Howl-o-ween stamp set. The greeting I stamped on the moon also comes from that set. Below 
are the Copic combinations I used:  
  • pumpkins - YR12, YR16, YR18
  • witch dog - E31, E34, E35
  • mummy dog - E31, E34
  • dog in jack-o-lantern - Y32, Y23, Y26
  • ghost dog - E42, E43, E71
  • bat dog - W1, W3, W4, W6
  • shading on white areas - N0, N2
  • black hats, cape, bat wings - N4, N6, N8
  • rosy cheeks - R00, R21
  • stars - Y11, Y13
Thank you so much for stopping by!  Next stop on the blog hop is Marine Simon




42 comments:

  1. Your Halloween pups card is absolutely delightful...I mean, spooky! LOL! A wonderful showcase of the new products. and thank you for sharing your copic colours.
    carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Happy Howl-Oween cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Halloween vibe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable Halloween card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! Love the dark sky background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable and fun. Your ink blending is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorable Halloween scene! And you inked background is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super adorable Halloween card and love your colouring!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute care..would be great invite to a halloween party

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Halloween doggies are so cute. I LOVE how you shaded the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your dogs! Great colors and layout! I especially like the dog by the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dogs dressed up for halloween is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those Halloween pups are so SPOOKtacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Virginia Ellison..... I couldn't comment with my Google....it made me use anonymous....Leanne, thank you for sharing your adorable Halloween Card. Yes, those pups are the cutest....had to Pin this card to my Sunny Studio Stamps Pinterest page.... I love that you gave the marker colors.... I love getting color combinations from crafters.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE these Halloween Critters! Great scene and coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the ink blending. The whole card is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marisela Delgado said: Awesome colors! 😍 mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You had me at all the adorable pups! Love them in their little Halloween costumes. Great background!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a fun little Halloween scene!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like this cute and colorful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your blended background and these puppies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute card! I love the night sky!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is my absolute favorite! these Halloween pups are super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great scene shared!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful coloring on your pups. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a fun Halloween scene with these adorable pups! Beautiful job on the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much for helping us celebrate our 9th birthday. I'm so happy to have had you along for so many years of this fun ride. Your cards are also so adorable and inspiring and this one is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The puppys Halloween card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The dog on the broom is so whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This card is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  32. The pups are darling, love the palette!

    ReplyDelete

Sunny Studio Fall Card with Wood Barrel & Harvest Mice

Hello everyone! Have you made a trip to your local pumpkin patch yet? It's that time of year for pumpkin everything! When I saw the new ...