Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Spellbinders Garden Buddies Card

Hi everyone! I have a very bright and cheerful card to share today. Say hello to the cutest little paper crafted gnomes that you ever did see! These sweet gnomes were created with Garden Buddies set from Spellbinders.  

The Garden Buddies set is part of new collection called Out and About. All the die sets in this collection are compatible with new Platinum Scout Die Cutting Machine


To create this fun scene I mostly used the Garden Buddies set then added some foliage from Mushroom Mansion. The large die cut Hello is from Fresh Picked Sentiments. The stamped greeting is from an older stamp set called Sentiments For You (STP 079). 

I started by die cutting all the pieces from white card stock.  Prior to assembling, I colored each piece with small blending brushes and the following Catherine Pooler inks: 

pink - Party Dress
blue - combo of Oh Baby & Hot Tub
green - Lime Rickey
pale yellow - Chiffon
dark yellow - combo of Chiffon & Orange Peel
orange - Orange Peel
grey - Twillight
flesh color - Apricot


A few things to note to give my die cuts some extra details.... 
I used Copic markers (R00, R20) to add the blushing cheek color and a white gel pen to for the highlight lines. 
I created the hair braids on the girl gnome with the tiny flower bud shape.  I layered 3 bud pieces, turned upside down. I then used a white gel pen to draw a line across the bottom piece to resemble a hair tie that secures the braid. 

2 comments:

  1. You are simply brilliant Leanne!!! The way you created the braids totally blew my mind! The cutest card !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend! I knew I just had to find a way to make a girl to go with the cute little fella. Luckily the tiny flower buds worked for braids. :)

      Delete

Sunny Studio Fall Card with Wood Barrel & Harvest Mice

Hello everyone! Have you made a trip to your local pumpkin patch yet? It's that time of year for pumpkin everything! When I saw the new ...