Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Altenew Virginia Rose Slimline Card

Hello crafty friends! I recently got to play with some beautiful stamp and die sets from Altenew that they so generously sent me. I received the Virginia Rose 3D die set and the Build-a-Garden Blushing Magnolias

The style of flower that the Virginia Rose set creates, is right up my alley. It's a little on the artsy/whimsical side of the spectrum which I love! I have filled a slimline card with these pretty florals and the accompanying leaves from the set. My slimline card measures 8.5" tall by 3.5" wide. 


I die cut all the pieces for the flowers and leaves from white card stock. I then used Altenew's Crisp Die Ink and blending brushes to color each piece before assembling. 

Here's a list of the Altenew inks I used: Buttercream, Sunray, Snapdragon, Marigold, Forest Glades, Bamboo, Olive, Mountain Mist, & Sweet Leaf. 


For the background I combined Mountain Mist and Sweet Leaf to get a soft minty aqua shade to color two opposing corners. I applied the ink darker at the edges and lighter going towards the middle to fade to white. I added some splatters with metallic gold watercolor before adhering the flowers and leaves.  

Lastly I added a stamped and die cut sentiment from the Blushing Magnolias set. I thought this sentiment perfectly coordinated with my sunny yellow roses.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrappy Tails Crafts Fall Tree Pop Up Card

Hello everyone! I wanted to let you all know that the A7 Fall Tree Pop Up die set is now available in the Scrappy Tails Crafts shop .    --&...