Monday, June 17, 2024

Sunny Studio Trio of Thank You Cards

Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing a trio of thank you cards. These A2 sized cards all started with the same simple layout... a strip of patterned paper with an overlapping Limitless Labels mat. This versatile layout design can be used on both landscape and portrait cards.


For these cards, I used a pretty floral pattern and light green check pattern. The floral strip is 1.5" wide and placed about .25" from the long edge of the cards.  I used the largest die from Limitless Labels 1 to create the green check mat.

Once you have the base layout of pattern paper strip and large mat in place, the cards can be embellished with whatever suites your fancy.  I decided to go with a summer fruit theme for all mine. The fruit die cuts were created with the Strawberry Patch, Wild Cherry, and Juicy Watermelon dies. 


I die cut all the fruit pieces from white card stock and then used small blending brushes and the following Catherine Pooler inks to color: Grass Skirt, Spruce, Rouge, Cotton Candy, & Over Coffee. 


I used some of the smaller dies in the Limitless Labels 1 set to make little mats to stamp the thank you sentiments. These sentiments come from the Punny Fruit Greetings stamp set.  This set includes words and short phrases to create custom greetings that cleverly coordinate with the all different fruit themes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Altenew Virginia Rose Slimline Card

Hello crafty friends! I recently got to play with some beautiful stamp and die sets from Altenew that they so generously sent me. I received...