Saturday, June 10, 2023

Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Owl Card

Happy Saturday crafty friends! I have another card share using some of the new products from Honey Bee Stamps Adventure Awaits Release.  This time I'm showcasing the Lovely Layers Owl.  I have combined ink blending and Copics to bring my owl to life.  I'll share all the details below.  


Here's a list of all the Honey Bee supplies I've used to create this card:
I die cut all the owl pieces from white card stock.  I used Catherine Pooler inks and small blending brushes to add color to most of the pieces. Colors used: Buttercream, Over Coffee, Icing on the Cake.  For some of the smaller pieces and details, I used warm grey Copic markers. There are lots of little detail lines the dies impress into the card stock.  These lines can be used as guides where to add the Copic coloring.  


The beautiful background is a piece of patterned paper from the Adventure Awaits paper pad.  It's just the perfect setting for the owl. The owl and background would be enough if you wanted to stop there and just stamp a greeting. But if you know me, I love to have more layers on my cards, so I added the flowers and foliage.   All of these pieces were die cut from white card stock and lightly colored.  I didn't want them to be so bold that they took away from the owl.  He is the star of the show on this card after all.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Studio Strawberry Theme Birthday Card

Hi there! I have a mini slimline card to share which features a row of sweet little strawberries made with the new Strawberry Patch dies fro...