Saturday, March 2, 2024

Honey Bee Stamps Spring Vintage Mailbox Card

Hello!  Today I'm sharing a card made with products from Honey Bee Stamps. Are you ready for all things spring? I sure am so I have given the Vintage Mailbox a Spring makeover so to speak and of course pink was the obvious color choice for this version of the mailbox. 


I die cut all the Vintage Mailbox pieces from white card stock. To make the details on the mailbox stand out, I lightly tapped my Lost Shadow Distress Oxide ink pad right onto the dies before running them through my die cutting machine.  The Lost Shadow ink gets impressed into the card stock so you can really see the beautiful details so much better.  Next I used a blending brush and a combo of Spun Sugar and Tattered Rose Distress Oxide inks to give the mailbox that soft warm pink color.  To give the hardware it's lustrous gold finish, I used metallic watercolor.  

A spring mailbox would not be complete without some flowers growing around it.  I used the Vintage Roses Bold Backgrounds die to create the flowers and foliage. I die cut these pieces from white card stock and then blended on Distress Oxide inks to add color.  The yellow color is Wild Honey.  I varied the intensity of the ink to get lighter and darker areas on the petals.  The green for the foliage is a mix of three colors: Crushed Olive, Forest Moss, & Rustic Wilderness.  Again I wanted the color on the leaves to vary in intensity and shading.  It helps to have small bending brushes for this.  You can control the ink much better with smaller brushes. 


I adhered the mailbox to a piece of linen patterned paper from the Textiles & Texture Vintage Paper Pad. I added a cluster of flowers and foliage to the lower left corner with foam adhesive. Up at the top right corner, I added a flower bud a tiny sprig of foliage.  The special delivery sentiment is a stamp from Mailbox Memos.  I heat embossed it in gold and die cut with the coordinating Mailbox Memos Honey Cuts. For a tiny bit of bling embellishment, I added just a few gold pearls from the Vintage Pearls sticker set.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Studio Tropical Birthday Card

Hello everyone! I have a fun birthday card to share today. My card features a cute little parrot from the new Tropical Birds stamp set. I cr...