Sunday, March 17, 2024

Pretty Pink Posh Layered Butterfly Cards

Hello everyone! I have a duo of butterfly cards to share I made using a bunch of new products from Pretty Pink Posh. Both my cards feature a stenciled background and die cut layered butterflies. 

I created the backgrounds for my cards with the new Layered Butterfly Floral Stencil Set. Trust me when I say this stencil set is very addictive. I could not stop playing with it! I kept wanting to try out different color palettes.  I'm sharing a couple favorites from my stenciling session.  


I have trimmed my stenciled panels down so they fit onto an A2 size card base.  The length of these panels is 4 7/8" inches.  I wanted them to be a bit shorter than A2 length so I could add a strip of card stock at the bottom.  I thought this would help draw attention to the sentiment.  The sentiments I used come from two new stamp sets... Decorative Blutterflies and Sentiment Strips: Easter.  I used a die from the Sentiment Strips dies to create the stitched scalloped pieces I've adhered my sentiments to.  


For each card I have added two layered butterflies.  There's many sizes to pick from in the new Stitched Butterflies die set. I chose four different ones.  I die cut the back layer from vellum. The top layers are die cut from card stock to match my stenciled color palettes.  I lightly inked the bottom edge of each card stock butterfly just to add some subtle shading.  I adhered the layers together with thin foam tape.  This gives a nice little bit of separation from the two layers and adds some dimension. 


To finish off these cards, I added a scattering of Sparkling Clear Sequins. These are my go to embellishments when I want to add a little bling but not distract from the main elements on the card.  

This card design is quick, easy, and definitely fun to make. It would be perfect for mass producing to make gift sets of notecards.  The butterfly theme can go for many occasions just by switching up the colors and sentiments.  I have a feeling I'll be reaching for these new butterfly dies and stencils often this spring and summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Honey Bee Stamps Squared Spring Florals

Hello everyone! I have 3 cards to share today all featuring a large cascading floral arrangement made with the Squared Spring Florals produc...