Monday, March 11, 2024

Sunny Studio Puddle Jumpers Rainbow Card

Hello everyone! I have a fun card to share today featuring the most adorable little duck images. These sweet images can be found in the Puddle Jumpers stamp set from Sunny Studio.  When I first saw this set, I kept envisioning a rainbow scene so that's what went with for this card. 

There's few ways you can incorporate a rainbow into a scene.... stamping, die cuts, coloring with markers, or use a stencil which is what I chose to do.  I stenciled the rainbow right in the center of the scene.  I used the following Catherine Pooler ink colors for the rainbow bands: Be Mine, Tiki Torch, Grass Skirt, & Cummerbund.  

I trimmed the scene panel down to 3.75" x 5".  I very lightly inked blended the Cummerbund ink around the top and sides edges of the panel.  Then I used the same blue ink for splatter and stamping the rain drops.  


I colored the ducks and puddle images with Copic markers in these colors: W3, T1, YR12, YR18, Y00, Y32, Y35, R20, BG11, BG13. I used the coordinating Puddle Jumpers dies to cut them out. I then adhered the images with thin foam squares.  To stamp the sentiment, I used my Misti and curved the stamps to follow the bend in the rainbow. Lastly I added decorative corner die cuts.  I used one the Fancy Frames Rectangle dies to die cut a frame from aqua blue card stock.  Then I simply cut off the corners and adhered them to my scene panel.  Once my scene was complete, I adhered it to an A2 size soft yellow card base. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Honey Bee Stamps Squared Spring Florals

Hello everyone! I have 3 cards to share today all featuring a large cascading floral arrangement made with the Squared Spring Florals produc...