Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Pixi Dust Designs - Santa & Mrs. Claus Card

Hi there! Popping on with a short post... I have a very sweet holiday card to share This design features the cutest Santa and Mrs Claus made with dies from Pixi Dust Designs.  Below are the direct links to each of the mug dies:

Santa Mug die set

Mrs. Claus Mug die set


This card is A7 size (5x7 inches).  The Santa and Mrs. Claus fill this size nicely. I really wanted to focus to be on the mugs so I kept the extras limited and created a pretty frame with patterned paper. 

The background is an ink blended mix of Speckled Egg and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxides.  I then stenciled on some dots.


Before assembling the mugs, I used Copic markers to add shading and rosy cheeks.  The Copic shading really adds a lot interest and personality so I feel it's worth the effort.  I also used a white gel pen to add a few highlights.  

And one final bit of detail is the sparkle.  I can't resist adding some sparkle to my holiday cards and it's so easy to do with Stickles Glitter Glue.  I applied the Stickles to the white areas on the hats and the whipped cream.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Honey Bee Stamps Squared Spring Florals

Hello everyone! I have 3 cards to share today all featuring a large cascading floral arrangement made with the Squared Spring Florals produc...