Saturday, April 27, 2024

Honey Bee Stamps Squared Spring Florals

Hello everyone! I have 3 cards to share today all featuring a large cascading floral arrangement made with the Squared Spring Florals product collection from Honey Bee Stamps. This collection includes the 6x8 stamp set, coordinating dies and stencils.  


I started with the stenciling. Once I had the color palette picked out (colors used listed at the end of the post), I began testing out the stencils to get a feel for how to color each layer.  There's 6 stencils in the Squared Spring Florals set. With a stencil set this detailed, I always like to do a test run or two ...or three in this case. I was struggling to get the stenciling just right and almost threw these away.  Luckily I didn't and in the end, I decided even with their imperfections, the test runs were too pretty to trash. I embraced this imperfect artsy look and added lots of splatters with white and gold watercolor.  


After stenciling, I stamped the detailed outline with the large image included in the Squared Florals stamp set.  It's fairly easy to line it up over the stenciled image. I used Catherine Pooler Buttercream ink to stamp. I wanted the outline detail to be visible and very subtle. 


Next I used the coordinating dies to cut out the entire image.  There's separate dies so you have the option to cut out just the outside or inside of this image.  I decided to cut out both so there's more of the card stock in the background showing.  


For the background, I embossed each A2 sized panel of solid color card stock with the Burlap 3D embossing folder.  I adhered the die cut floral images with thin foam tape onto the burlap panels.  I then added a different sentiment to each.  The sentiments, which are from the Squared Spring Florals stamp set, are gold heat embossed and cut out the coordinating dies.  

I used the following Catherine Pooler inks for stenciling the floral image: Chiffon, Buttercream, Sage, Cotton Candy, Polished, & Sixteen Candles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Studio Strawberry Theme Birthday Card

Hi there! I have a mini slimline card to share which features a row of sweet little strawberries made with the new Strawberry Patch dies fro...