Saturday, March 30, 2024

Honey Bee Stamps Blessings of Spring Card

I'm back with another card showcasing products from Honey Bee Stamps Celebrate Release. This one features how I used two new Lovely Layers sets: Lovely Layers April Showers and Lovely Layers Rabbit. The sentiment on my card is from Blessings of Spring which has coordinating dies like all of Honey Bee's sentiment stamp sets.  

If you've visited the Honey Bee Stamps website recently, then you've probably seen a peek of this card. 

These new Lovely Layers are so easy to assemble. Really the most difficult part, is deciding what colors to use.  I decided to go with some common spring colors for my garden boots and tulips and then light brown for the rabbit.  I die cut all the pieces from white card stock and used the following Catherine Pooler inks with blending brushes to color:

  • rabbit - Over Coffee
  • garden boots - Chiffon & Lemongrass
  • tulips - Party Dress
  • tulip leaves - Grass Skirt
  • background - Cummerbund & Melon Ice

My secret to getting the most definition and depth to these Lovely Layer images is I vary the intensity of the ink blending on each layer.  For example, on the tulip petals, I used only Party Dress and blended the ink heavier on the back layers. Then I went lighter on the front layers. The more saturated color on those back petals gives a nice contrast between the lighter front petals and creates depth. 

To really bring the rabbit to life, I used my R00 & R20 Copic markers to add the rosy cheeks, pink nose, and a little pink in the ears. The mouth lines are impressed into the card stock when die cutting the head piece. I used a W3 Copic marker to intensify those lines.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Studio Tropical Birthday Card

Hello everyone! I have a fun birthday card to share today. My card features a cute little parrot from the new Tropical Birds stamp set. I cr...