Monday, January 29, 2024

Sunny Studio Love Birds Card

Hello and happy Monday! I'm sharing some fresh card inspiration showcasing the Love Birds stamp set from Sunny Studio.  

One of my New Year's resolutions was to try and use colors outside my usual go to's. I have never used a lot of peach on my cards, but since it's Pantone's color of the year, I needed to give it a go.  I've incorporated a few different shades of peach on this card and created a fun little scene with the birds. 


I started with a light aqua blue card base. I trimmed a panel of white card stock down just slightly smaller than my A2 card base. I ran that panel through my die cut machine with the Dotted Diamond Portrait die to give it that decorative texture.  I then used a Fancy Frames Circle die to cut out a scalloped circle shaped window.  I also die cut some peach card stock with that same circle frame die four times.  The peach scalloped circles have been stacked and adhered together to create one thick frame to highlight the scene.  


I used a blend of Tattered Rose and Dried Marigold Distress Oxide inks to create a soft peachy background to put behind the window.  I Copic colored the birds and branch images. I used the coordinating Love Birds dies to cut them out and then added them onto the card.  I tucked one bird behind the top of circle window so he's peeking out and looking down at the one perched on the branch.  

I stamped the word "tweetheart" directly onto the background. It fit perfectly in the space between the birds.  To finish the greeting I added a sentiment from the Lovey Dovey stamp set.  

Copic's used for coloring the stamped images:

peach - YR01, YR61, YR02

aqua blue - BB70, BG10, BG11, BG13

brown - E41, E42

green - G43, G94

yellow flower center - Y11, Y15

rosy cheeks - R00, R20




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Studio Tropical Birthday Card

Hello everyone! I have a fun birthday card to share today. My card features a cute little parrot from the new Tropical Birds stamp set. I cr...