Monday, June 10, 2024

Sunny Studio Father's Day Card

Hello friends! If you saw my blog post last week, then you'll recall that I shared a card featuring the Fresh Lemon Dies with a very feminine color palette. I wanted to challenge myself and use the lemons again but this time with a masculine color palette. Since Father's Day is coming up, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to combine the lemons and a punny greeting to create a fun card for dad. 


This card also features the Limitless Labels 1 dies which I've used to make a layered mat to spotlight the lemons and greeting on my card.  I thought the shape of the Limitless Labels worked well for a masculine theme.

Here are a few other details how I created this card: I used the Moroccan Circle Embossing Folder to create the embossed dark blue background that covers my A2 card base.  Overtop that I've adhered a 2.25" wide strip of green Classic Gingham paper.

I've used the Chloe Alphabet dies to create letters that spell the word "DAD". The stamped sentiment is from Punny Fruit Greetings. The whole lemon and slices were created with Fresh Lemon dies. And that little bow tie image can be found in the Big Bunny stamp set

Ink used to color the die cut lemons and letters are Catherine Pooler Lime Rickey (green) and Tiara (yellow)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Honey Bee Stamps Beach Vacation Card

Hello everyone and happy Summer! Just a short post today... I have another card to share created with some of the fabulous products from Hon...