Sunday, August 27, 2023

Papertrey Ink August Release Countdown - Day 3

It’s day 3 of Papertrey Ink's August release countdown.  There’s so many fun things to share today so let’s get right into it. 

For my first card, I have used the Farm Fresh Pumpkins stamp set along with the Watercolor Plaid stencil set to create a classic fall scene. 



The Farm Fresh Pumpkins set is a large layering set which includes everything you need to create the back end of a truck and all the fall essentials to fill it.
 The stencil set is a four piece set which creates a nice bold plaid that can be used to make a basic background for any occasion, not just fall projects. 


This cute little truck is so detailed when filled with all the fall goodness, I think it can stand alone on a card.  All you need to do is pick a background and add a sentiment. 



Up next is a Barbie influenced Halloween card to showcase the Spooky Halloween stamps and Spiderweb stencil set. It’s no secret that I love to use pink on my cards and that includes cards for Halloween. I went all out with this one with two shades of pink mixed in with some traditional orange, a chunky glitter edged frame, and some pearl embellishments to really give it the Barbie treatment.  



I have a couple of tips to share for this one… to add a little more interest to solid shaped images, use a contrasting ink on the edges of the stamp.  Completely cover the stamp with a main color like I did with the witches hat.  I used a bright pink then I used black ink to lightly tap around the edges of part of the stamp. I did the same with the broom, except I used a light pink for the main color, and the bright pink for the edging.  



My next tip is for stenciling the spiderwebs on black cardstock. If you really want some high contrast, use a white paste like
 Ranger Texture Paste (matte opaque). I used a palette knife to spread the paste evenly over the stencil.  After I removed the stencil, and while the paste is still wet, I sprinkled on some fine glitter. The glitter sticks to the paste and will hold when dry.  


1 comment:

  1. I love this card! What did you use around the grey background to get the look of chunky glitter?

    ReplyDelete

Sunny Studio Beach Scene Birthday Card

Hi there! I'm sharing all the details how this tropical birthday card came together. I've used the Tropical Trees Backdrop dies to ...