Monday, August 28, 2023

Papertrey Ink August Release Countdown - Day 4

For the final countdown day we saved the best for last... how adorable is this new Build-A-Turkey die set?!?! I just love all the tail feathers and little hat you can give him. There's 3 different sizes of tail feathers so you can make the tail as full as you want.  I went nice and full as you can see! There are dies included in the set to make eyes but I just couldn't resist using googly eyes (5mm size) for this guy.  


I die cut all the pieces for the turkey out of white card stock and added color with small blending brushes and Distress Oxide inks in theses colors - Walnut Stain, Tea Dye, Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon, Carved Pumpkin, & Peacock Feathers. The way I have assembled my turkey, he measures approximately 4 inches tall and 5 inches wide.  You can use less feathers to make him smaller. This card also showcases the new Fun Frames Leaves die. I have cut the frame in half diagonally so I could stretch it out from behind the turkey. I covered up the cut edges so it looks like this frame is larger than it really is. 



Next up is a mini slimline card featuring how I used a new stencil set called Delicate Trees


There's a separate stencil for each tree trunk, leaf cluster, and flourish so it's very easy to customize and add different colors to these trees.  Again I have used Distress Oxide inks for stenciling and coloring the background... Gathered Twigs, Fossilized Amber, Seedless Preserves, Peeled Paint, Ripe Persimmon, Rustic Wilderness, Peacock Feathers, and Bundled Sage. 



The thankful sentiment I have used comes from a new stamp set called Give Thanks.  The little decorative sprigs I have added are from the Cornered Wheat Stalks dies




4 comments:

  1. I love your turkey he is so cute!, can i ask what size googly eye you used ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathy! they are the 5mm size. I have had them in my craft stash forever but I think you should still be able to get this size :)

      Delete
  2. WOW! This turkey is the cutest ever. Great idea for the googly eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sherri! He was super fun to make! :)

      Delete

Scrappy Tails Stacked Books & Flowers Card

Hi everyone! I’m excited to be guest designing for Scrappy Tails Crafts this month. Their newest release includes lots of fun products to c...