Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Hello Bluebird - Creating a Rainbow Check Background

Hello everyone! I’m have more rainbow inspiration to share except this time it’s in the form of a very fun buffalo plaid background. I have use a mix of Hello Bluebird supplies to create this fun card. All products used are in bold print and linked in the descriptions below. 

To create my “rainbowed” plaid background, I’ve used the Buffalo Check Background stamp and some Altenew ink cubes (see photo below for specific colors). The cubes are small enough to ink horizontal sections of the background stamp until filled with all the colors. Overlaping the colors slightly will result in a seamless transition. I did a better job of that towards the top of the stamp. You can see where the pink/orange and orange/yellow blend well into each other. 


Once you have a completed rainbow check background, you can add any little happy scene. I chose to create a scene with the images from Park Play. To frame up my scene I used the Photo Stack dies. The big smile word also comes from that die set.

Here’s a list of all the Copics I used to color the stamped images:

  • brown – E41, E42, E43
  • grey – W0, W1, W3
  • yellow – Y11, Y15, Y17
  • orange – YR12, YR14, YR18
  • red – R00, R20
  • pink – RV10, RV13, RV14
  • blue – B21, B24
  • teal – BG11, BG13
  • green – YG11, YG17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrappy Tails Stacked Books & Flowers Card

Hi everyone! I’m excited to be guest designing for Scrappy Tails Crafts this month. Their newest release includes lots of fun products to c...