Monday, May 22, 2023

Honey Bee Stamps Adventure Awaits Release

Hi everyone! There's a fun new release available now over in the Honey Bee Stamps shop.  There are tons of outdoor adventure themed products including a fantastic layering stencil set which I'm showcasing on a card today.  

--->click here to see the Adventure Awaits collection<---

My card features a dreamy lakeside scene with a charming little cabin tucked away in the trees.  This idyllic scene was so easy to create with some of Adventure Awaits release items.  I'll list and link them below the photo.  

I used a variety of inks and blending brushes to stencil this pretty scene.  Since the scene has a lot of trees and grassy area, I picked a bunch of different shades of green that range from warm to cool.  I think that helped give some contrast between all the greens.  

The Lakeside Scene Builder Honey Cuts die cut the mountain and tree tops while impressing details into the card stock.  I used those impressions as a guide to add shading with Copics markers.  To get the tree reflections on the water, I simply turned the stencil upside down and very lightly stenciled those images in green right over the blue.

For little cabin, I die cut all the parts from white card stock and then used Copic markers to color.  I think this is the fastest and most efficient way to do it when working with tiny pieces.  

This entire scene came together so nicely with the help of these new products. I wish I could just jump right into this picture for a little R&R myself! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunny Studio Big Panda Card

Hi everyone! Sunny Studio has just launched their summer release. Today I'm showcasing one of the new stamp sets...  Big Panda .  I Cop...