Monday, November 7, 2022

Hello Bluebird - Merry Carolers Card

Hello there! We are in the home stretch to the holiday season. I’ve been busy making lots of Christmas cards so I think I’ll be well stocked when it comes time to send them out in a few weeks. 

The card I’m sharing today is a little more on the simple side (simple by my standards, lol). I created a small wintery scene with the sweet images from the Merry Carolers stamp set. Just FYI… anything in blue letters is a link you can click on to see the product.


I started with a white A2 card base to which I added a plaid panel. This panel was created with one of Hello Bluebird’s popular background stamps called Cozy Plaid.  I then used one of the Nesting Oval dies to create a base for my little scene. The oval was die cut from some light pink card stock. I darkened the top half of the oval with a blending brush and some Saltwater Taffy Distress Ink. I then added a snowy hill to the bottom half of the oval.


Next I stamped out three of the cute characters and the light post from Merry Carolers. I used Copic markers to color them …the colors I used will be listed below. 

Once I had the images arranged how I wanted, I splattered the entire scene, including the images, with white paint to give it a very snowy look. I then stamped “let it snow” three times just to the right of the lamp post. I adhered the completed scene to the card front with some foam tape to pop it up a bit. Lastly I added some die cut snowflakes

  • Reindeer fur – E41, E42, E44
  • Bunny fur – E30, E31, E33
  • Mouse fur – T0, T2, T4
  • Pink areas – R00, R20, R21, R22
  • Blue areas – BG72, BG75
  • Green areas – YG11, YG05, YG09
  • Black – N2, N4, N6
  • Red – R22, R24
  • Shading for white areas – W1, W3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Honey Bee Stamps Birthday Blowout Sale

Hi everyone! just popping in to let you know about a big sale Honey Bee Stamps is having now through April 21st. Click here to see all the s...